Our Adult Inpatient mental health treatment program offers a safe, secure and therapeutic environment for adults (age 18 and older) with acute mental health conditions. Inpatient mental health treatment is designed to stabilize patients and return them to an improved level of functioning as quickly as possible. Our treatment team provides 24-hour monitoring, psychiatric care, and stabilization.
Common Conditions Treated
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance-Related Disorders with Psychiatric Symptoms
Our integrated inpatient mental health team works closely with each patient to formulate treatment goals and continually assess progress. The team may include:
- registered nurses
- case managers/social workers
- activity therapists
- ancillary nursing staff
Our highly structured and comprehensive inpatient mental health treatment program includes group therapy, medication management and a variety of other unit activities, including recreation, socialization and expressive therapies. Treatment services are focused on helping patients develop the necessary coping skills to deal with the issues that led them to hospitalization.
Our clinical team is well trained and well versed in the trauma-informed best practices:
- Realize the widespread impact of trauma and understand potential paths for recovery
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved with the system
- Respond by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices
- Seek to actively resist “re-traumatization."