At Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital, part of our mission and vision is to deliver the very best in health care to our patients and their families. We offer a wide variety of services for behavioral health and Substance Use Disorder.
We also feel strongly about fighting the stigma associated with mental illness and addition, and encourage the community to be aware of important community resources.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Listed below are several community resources for mental health that can assist you in an emergency:
- Crisis Call Center: 1-800-273-8255
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Free and complimentary assessments available 24/7: 775-393-2200
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness Downloadable Guide to Navigating a Mental Health Crisis
The road to recovery can be a difficult, but there are lots of community resources to support you on your journey.
Click on the links below to learn more about various support groups located in the Reno area.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Al-Anon Family Groups, “a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope.”
- Narcotics Anonymous, Sierra Sage Region
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness Northern Nevada Chapter offers a number of free support groups for individuals with mental illness as well as family support groups.
Learning Resources for Mental Health
Listed below are a number of community resources for mental health patients and their families that can prove insightful.
- Join Together Northern Nevada: "Whether you're looking for help with substance addiction, searching for community data or just want to know more information about the substance abuse in our community, JTNN is here for you.”
- Mental Health America
- Nevada 211 connecting “individuals, families, and providers to essential health and human services information and resources.”
- Substance Use and Mental Health Services Administration
Contact us today to schedule a free, confidential assessment where you can sit face-to-face with a medical professional who can help determine what treatments are right for you.